Sunday, August 28, 2011

Inspiration. Innovation. A style algorythm

The last couple of weeks I’ve spent with deliberately refusing to visit any of my bookmarked fashion favorites. I guess I needed to clear and shake up things a little bit in order to get going and create new ideas, dreams of new looks. I find so many blogs / sites day by day, see so many little details leading to a blurry imagery that is colorful and creative enough to deal with, and still, so overwhelmingly detailed that it makes you a little confused. Well, Winston Churchill said that “All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words.” So I guess this is how we should take fashion- keep things simple and apply only a tiny bit of extremity to it.

Nowadays, for example, I enjoy watching promotional fashion videos of a brand (like the recently mentioned Free People), while there you get not only the dress in its plainness, but a very pleasant impression. I believe that when a dress is placed in the corresponding environment, its impact is somehow magnified.

Some online boutiques applied this idea to their promotional campaigns by creating look books for each season/ several look books for one season. One of my favorites is Ruche. I love their vintage-modern concept, detailed, yet simple designs. Look at the Ruche website and you’re going to find look books, beautiful photos and a blog, a collection of everything that inspires the creators of Ruche.

Looking forward to their fall/winter collection.

Photos: www.shopruche.com

No comments:

Post a Comment