Monday, January 24, 2011

What's the pattern of a fabric called music?

It must be truly eccentric that's for sure! I've closed the door and turned the music down to actually hear my thoughts. It's really hard, you know? In most of the cases we listen to music to shut the world out, but what I've noticed in the last couple of months is that I don't need to listen to something all the time. Maybe, as we grow older and older, we recognize our daily needs of silence. I carry this little piece of silence with me everyday in order to find something new that makes me excited and relaxed at the same time.
...But today I needed to listen to something that has an effect similar to that feeling when you start shaking your head to get your mind into shape again. I've suddenly found this little wake up call when I heard the first tunes of Roisin Murphy's 'Primitive'.



I admire this lady for a long time now, but I always find something new in her music, her stage presence and atmosphere that I sometimes can't get hold of. Whenever I see a live performance of Roisin Murphy (Werchter 2008 is one of the bests) I have this strange, goosebump-ish feeling of art, of music covering up every little part of your body and your skin is literally soaking in that mixture of tunes, voice, words, movement and crazy hats :) speaking of which, the outfits of this girl with the magic voice are just as her music- sometimes a little unwearable, hippi-ish, lively, sophisticated, sensual...I'd really love to go to one of her concerts.









Photos: I typed in Roisin Murphy and saved the interesting ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment