Thursday, October 1, 2009

These days' favourite> Lungs [2009]


My absence from the blogging world is due to my fragile health condition these days that I'm slowly getting very very tired of. Anyway, I got the chance to put my hands on a new and pretty catchy material, namely Lungs from Florence and the Machine. The mood of the whole album reminds me of the mid-90's Cornflake Girl atmosphere. And indeed, Florence sounds like a younger Tori Amos mixed with a less outspoken version of Kate Nash. As genre I would group Lungs in a smooth indie/British pop/soul-is experimentation and trial of self-expression category. If you are lover of the genre, Dog Days Are Over, Hurricane Drunk, Rabbit Heart and My Boy Builds Coffins are the tracks you would choose to listen to for more than once, I guess. Oh, and not to mention the Candi Station cover You Got the Love, as a beautiful conclusion of the sweet and sour story of a breakup.


By the way, Florence is one stylish London-girl .)

[Pic: http://www.analoguemagazine.com/author/ailbhe-malone/]

No comments:

Post a Comment