Sunday, August 23, 2009

This week's favourite album> Bonobo: Days to Come


Did you know that Bonobo is an endangered ape found only in the Democratic Republic of the Congo? Interesting choice of name for British musician Simon Green. The other day I came across (again) upon this album from 2006 and I just couldn't help myself but listening to it whenever I felt a bit gloomier than usual. And I must admit that my favourite songs from the album are those in which Bajka's beautiful voice appears (Days to Come, Nightlife, Walk in the Sky). Her voice is as soft and tender as a tasty as a bunch of purple grapes, you can even feel the warmth of sunshine in it. Well, I googled Bajka for some infos and I found out that she's a poet as well. She was born in India, grew up in Portugal and South Africa. I think her voice also stands for this mixture of cultural background. I'd really love to read her poems, too.

By the way, a new photosession begins next week, I'm looking forward to it, I hope I can share the most beautiful photos of late summer impressions with you.

[Pic from: theborntojazzmovement.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment